Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912, as amended by Recommendations (EU) 2020/1052, (EU) 2020/1144, (EU) 2020/1186, (EU) 2020/1551, (EU) 2020/2169, (EU) 2021/89, (EU) 2021/132, (EU) 2021/767, (EU) 2021/816, (EU)
2021/892 and (EU) 2021/992, on the temporary restriction on non-essential travel into the EU and the possible lifting of such restriction is amended as follows:
- first paragraph of point 1 of the Council Recommendation is replaced by the following:
‘1. As from 1 July 2021, Member States should gradually lift the temporary restriction on non-essential travel to the EU in a coordinated manner with regard to the residents of the third countries listed in Annex I.’;
- Annex I to the Recommendation is replaced by the following:
Third countries, Special Administrative Regions and other entities and territorial authorities whose residents should not be affected by temporary external borders restriction on non-essential travel into the EU:
- BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
- BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
- NEW ZEALAND
- REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
- REPUBLIC OF NORTH MACEDONIA
- SAUDI ARABIA
- SOUTH KOREA
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- CHINA (*)
- SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGIONS OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
Hong Kong SAR Macao SAR
- ENTITIES AND TERRITORIAL AUTHORITIES THAT ARE NOT RECOGNISED AS STATES BY AT LEAST ONE MEMBER STATE
Kosovo * Taiwan.
(*) Subject to confirmation of reciprocity.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 (1999) and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.’
Done at Brussels, 1 July 2021.